Welcome to Room 405
To all my dear students,
"Practice makes perfect," , and hopefully you'll have plenty of practices on this site. Take it with you wherever you go, and just an exercise a day that could make a different in your language acquisition :)
Up Coming Major Assignments
Major Assignments for the last quarter April 6, 2015 to June 2, 2015
1. Individual Presentation
A. Finding Information on Educational Resources
B. Choose a program and do a presentation about the program in class
2. Counselor/ College/Career Representative Interview
A. Attending a workshop from a local community college, adult school, Recreational Program or other educational training program, and get answers questions about a training program that you are interested in
C. Writing a Letter describing your choice of educational training, including your educational goal, a description of the training, the application process, the course prerequisites, and a request of a letter of recommendation from the teacher
3. Partner/ Group Presentation
A. Recreational Places in the Bay Area
B. Describe events going on at those places and present to the class
4. Native Speaker Interview- Psychological Developmental Stages
- Creating a set of 15 to 20 questions to interview a person who is not a student of Milpitas Adult School, (preferable native speaker of English) about his/her development according to Erikson’s psychological stages of development
- Compare and Contrast the interviewee’s answers with Erikson’s stages
Low-income Healthcare Program
Sample My Favorite City
1. What city do you want to visit?
2. How will you get there?
3. Why do you want to go there? List 3 reasons and 3 examples
4. What will you do there? List 2 or 3 activties
5. How long will you stay there?
6. What kind of accommodation will you stay in?
7. How do you feel about the trip?
Kuala Lumpur- Malaysia
I miss the polluted smoke, the horrible traffic and the hot scorching sun in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I have been in the United States for a year already, and I plan to go back to Malaysia this Christmas. My family is still over there. They miss me a lot. I also want to take my husband to my country, because he has never been there. Besides, I’m starving for the authentic Malaysian food. Those spicy tofu and hot mushroom noodle always make my mouth watered. On the first few days, I think I will tour my husband around the famous capital of Malaysia. I want to show him where I grew up. Then, I want him to see all of the tourist attractions such as the Petronas Twin Towers, Malaysia Heritage Walk, the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra, the City Center… Then, we will visit other cities and learn about their cultures. We can sunbathe on the beautiful long beach of Batu Ferringhi; or we can hike on the top of the mountain on Brinchang. We can also visit different exciting island attractions like the fund amusement parks Labuan island or the adventurous hiking trail of Tanah Ratah. Finally, we will taste all the authentic food of Malaysia with my beloved family. My husband suggests that we should stay there for at least three weeks, and we will get a one-bedroom studio near my house. I will try to get an inexpensive studio with enough conveniences. I’m very eagerly waiting for my trip.
FUNDING OUR ADULT SCHOOL!!!
MILPITAS LIBRARY SERVICES
Listening & Speaking
Grammar and Writing